Handmade 925 Sterling Silver Life-Giving Cross with Necklace
This cross is handmade from 925 sterling silver with an ornament of life-giving tree lines. The Life-Giving Cross, the Cross of the Lord, the Life-Giving Tree - the instrument of execution of Jesus Christ, one of the most important relics of Christianity.
- After the death of Christ and the two thieves, the crosses on which they were crucified were buried on Golgotha, and on this mount, during the reign of the Roman Emperor Hadrian (117-138) and by his order, the Temple of Venus was erected. During the pilgrimage to Palestine in 326, Saint Augusta Helen, mother of Emperor Constantine the Great (306-337), the temple of Venus was demolished and as a result of excavations, three crosses and a tablet from the cross of the Savior were discovered.
- To determine which cross Christ was crucified on, they were placed one by one on the sick woman. The first two crosses had no effect, but the third cross healed her. Then this cross was applied to the deceased, and was resurrected. The Life-Giving Cross was separated, and Elena sent part of it to her son, and the rest of the Tree of the Cross was left in storage in Jerusalem; from 335 the Life-Giving Cross was kept in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
- In connection with this miraculous discovery, the Orthodox Church established the holiday of the Exaltation of the Life-Giving Cross of the Lord. During its history, the tree of the Life-giving Cross was divided into particles of different sizes, which can now be found in many churches and monasteries around the world.
- On the reverse side are engraved the words of the prayer: “Lord Jesus Christ have mercy.”
- Dimensions: 1.25 inches long by 0.75 inches wide
- The 24 inch long black rope necklace is adorned with two beautiful silver accents with engraved icons.
- Ships from the U.S. - expedited shipping available
- Limited quantities